Guidelines last updated on March 20th, 2019.
|GUEST BLOG SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Thank you so much for your interest. Please check back with us again in May! —Karla|
Lucidpress is excited to announce that we are now accepting guest blog submissions. We're looking for high quality content to share with our readers, and our goal is to publish 4 guest blogs each month. Since we receive dozens of pitches per day, this makes our guest blogging program quite competitive. Bring your A-game!
Topics of interest
As the premier design & brand templating platform for marketers, we aim to amplify expert voices on the following topics:
- Brand management
- Brand identity design
- Real estate marketing
- Direct mail marketing
- Franchise marketing
- Higher ed marketing
- Sales enablement
- Productivity & teamwork
With over 6 million users, Lucidpress is the brand templating tool anyone can use to create gorgeous brochures, posters, social media images, business cards and more. We speak to everyone who values the power of a well-executed brand—from single entrepreneurs to CMOs of large organizations.
By writing for Lucidpress, you have the opportunity to build your own brand and reach a savvy audience of marketing minds.
Guest blog submission guidelines
Clearly, branding is important to us here at Lucidpress, which is why we maintain a strong set of standards for publishing on our blog. In fact, we've only published 7% of the guest blogs submitted to us in 2018. We take our audience's time and readership seriously, and we expect you to do the same.
If you'd like to submit a guest post to us, please observe the following guidelines.
Important: Do not ask us to insert links to your content in our previously published posts. This is a great way to get yourself blocked. We run a blog, not a backlink service.
- Our guest blogging program is free. We do not pay nor charge for guest posts, and we do not publish sponsored posts.
- Content must be unique. We check every submission for originality and will not accept "copy-pasted" material.
- Content must be exclusive to our blog (i.e. not published on any other sites). We reserve the right to remove content that has been duplicated elsewhere.
- Content must be valuable and relevant to readers. Our blog is meant to give back to the Lucidpress community, with a strong focus on quality. Blatant sales pitches will not be accepted.
- Content must be well-written and free of spelling or grammar errors. Refer to AP Stylebook if needed. Submissions that require excessive editing will not be accepted.
- Having said that, we reserve the right to make edits to your post to match our brand standards and meet the needs of our audience.
- Write for the web. Using bullets, lists and short paragraphs makes online content much easier to read.
- Blog posts should cover their subject matter in detail and be at least 1,000 words in length.
- We encourage linking to relevant Lucidpress posts within your blog. External links to valuable, relevant content are great, but we reserve the right to remove or mark "nofollow" any links we deem inappropriate or unnecessary (i.e. spam).
- If you'd like to see images in your post, please include them with your submission. Provide your sources.
- Please include a short author bio (2 to 3 sentences) that we can include at the bottom of the blog. It's fine to include a link. Submitting an author photo is encouraged but optional.
Submissions that do not follow our guidelines will not be considered. If you include the word "sushi" in your email, I'll assume you took the time to read through these guidelines. (If you really want to increase your chances, here's a pro tip: We love blog posts that include Lucidpress as a solution to our readers' problems.)
How to submit a guest blog
Please email your submissions to email@example.com. Include the following in your email:
- Your name
- Your blog post title
- Your blog post, attached in Word document (.doc) format
- Any images you'd like to use, attached separately
- Your author bio
Because we receive such a large number of submissions, we unfortunately don't have time to email everyone back. If you do not hear from us within 5-7 business days, it's safe to assume your blog post didn't make the cut.
If your post has been approved, we'll email you with the date it will be published on our blog and shared on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest).
Guest blog examples
Take a look at some of the posts we've published in the past to get a feel for our tone, voice and quality. Here are a few examples of previous guest blogs:
- How senses influence brand experience
- Direct mail stats: Response rate, open rate, ROI
- Generating leads with content marketing: 4 things most brands get wrong
Thank you—we look forward to reading your submissions!