Guidelines last updated on February 6th, 2018.
Lucidpress is excited to announce that we are now accepting guest blog submissions. We're looking for high quality content to share with our readers, and our goal is to publish 4 to 6 guest blogs each month.
Topics of interest
As the premier design & brand management platform for marketers, we aim to amplify expert voices on the following topics:
- Brand management
- Brand design
- Real estate marketing
- Direct mail marketing
- Franchise marketing
- Sales enablement
- Productivity & workflow
With over 4 million users, Lucidpress is the design tool that anyone can use to create gorgeous brochures, posters, social media images, business cards and more. We speak to everyone who values the power of a well-executed brand—from single entrepreneurs to CMOs of large organizations.
By writing for Lucidpress, you have the opportunity to build your own brand and reach a savvy audience of marketing minds.
Guest blog submission guidelines
Clearly, branding is important to us here at Lucidpress, which is why we maintain a strong set of standards for publishing on our blog. In fact, we only published 13% of the guest blogs submitted to us in 2017. We take our audience's time and readership seriously, and we expect you to do the same.
If you'd like to submit a guest post to us, please observe the following guidelines.
- Content must be unique. We check every submission for originality and will not accept "copy-pasted" material.
- Content must be exclusive to our blog (i.e. not published on any other sites). We reserve the right to remove content that has been duplicated elsewhere.
- Content must be valuable and relevant to readers. Our blog is meant to give back to the Lucidpress community, with a strong focus on quality. Blatant sales pitches will not be accepted.
- Content must be well-written and free of spelling or grammar errors. Refer to AP Stylebook if needed. Submissions that require excessive editing will not be accepted.
- Write for the web. Using bullets, lists and short paragraphs makes online content much easier to read.
- Blog posts should cover their subject matter in detail and be at least 900 words in length. (The sweet spot is closer to 1,200 words.)
- We encourage linking to relevant Lucidpress posts within your blog. External links are also allowed, but we reserve the right to remove or mark "nofollow" any links we deem inappropriate or unnecessary (i.e. spam).
- If you'd like to see images in your post, please include them with your submission. Provide your sources.
- Please include a short author bio (2 to 3 sentences) that we can include at the bottom of the blog. It's fine to include a link. Submitting an author photo is encouraged but optional.
Submissions that do not follow our guidelines will not be considered. If you include the word "sushi" in your email, I'll assume you took the time to read through these guidelines. (If you really want to increase your chances, here's a pro tip: We are looking for blog posts that explicitly mention Lucidpress as a solution to our readers' problems.)
How to submit a guest blog
Please email your submissions to email@example.com. You should receive confirmation of your submission within 5 to 7 business days. Include the following in your email:
- Your name
- Your blog post title
- Your blog post, attached in Word document (.doc) format
- Any images you'd like to use, attached separately
- Your author bio
Once your post has been approved, we'll email you with the date it will be published on our blog and shared on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+).
Guest blog examples
Take a look at some of the posts we've published in the past to get a feel for our tone, voice and quality. Here are a few examples of previous guest blogs:
- 15 time-tested trigger words that boost sales
- How to successfully rebrand your business
- 7 AI tools that boost your productivity
Thank you—we look forward to reading your submissions!