Updated December 13, 2013
- Account activity. You need a Lucid Account to create layout and design documents in Lucidpress. Lucid asks for some personal information when you create a Lucid Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. Lucid's servers automatically record certain information about your use of Lucidpress. Similar to other web services, Lucid records information such as account activity (e.g., storage usage, number of log-ins, actions taken), data displayed or clicked on (e.g., UI elements, links), and other log information (e.g., browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.). Lucidpress may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction; such error reports may contain some or all of the information in your documents and may be reviewed to help resolve problems with the Lucidpress software or service.
- Content. Lucidpress stores, processes and maintains your files (as well as previous versions of your files), sharing lists, and other data related to your account in order to provide the service to you.
- We use this information internally to deliver the best possible service to you, such as improving the Lucidpress user interface and maintaining a consistent and reliable user experience.
- Files you create, upload, or copy to Lucidpress may, if you choose, be read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or, again if you choose, by people you do not know. Information you disclose using the chat function of Lucidpress may be read, copied, used and redistributed by people participating in the chat. Use care when including sensitive personal information in files you share or in chat sessions, such as social security numbers, financial account information, home addresses or phone numbers.
- Lucidpress reserves the right to review documents to help resolve problems with the Lucidpress software or service, or to ensure compliance with our Terms of Service.
- We will not sell or rent your personal information to others, except to the extent necessary to fulfill any requests by you to share content through another website or partner.
- Lucidpress only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Lucidpress in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Lucidpress, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who used a type of document, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Lucidpress will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information and your documents, both to ensure that your documents remain available to you, and that they remain unavailable to unauthorized persons.
- You may terminate your use of Lucidpress at any time.